Friday 4 January 2013

In a relationship with The BIG GUY

I should be writing this blog the next coming days but I just can't stop myself coming infront of my laptop. It's like there's a force pulling me near and a voice telling me, "Come on, write, share and bless others." So here I am, I found myself, writing something worth reading for, I'm sure.

In my last blog, I wrote about "the need of something worth remembering  first purchase for the new year", and you know what, I bought not just worth remembering but the best ever book existing in a man's world. I love reading books especially the inspirational ones or something that is with regards about our Creator.

 Last year, I bought Pastor Ru dela Torre's Roadtrip and Back on Track which changed  my perception about relationships. I didn't know about this two books until one of my friends in Twitter and also a classmate of mine in the med school started to read it, and then, he shared the words by posting the quotable quotes which really caught my attention. I went the next day to the bookstore but it was out of stock so I need to wait for a few weeks and finally got them in Manila. After I finished reading, my friends borrowed them and last Christmas, I gave it as a present to a friend of mine. I don't have a picture of the two books but I give the credits to the one who owns this which I got it from the internet.

Back on Track and Roadtrip

Another book that I have read last year was Joshua Harris's I Kissed Dating Goodbye. It's obviously about dating, how to wait patiently and the importance of singleness. It's suited to single ladies and bachelors out there.

I Kissed Dating Goodbye

This year, I am so keen in building a closer relationship with Him. I decided to buy something that will remind me that I am loved and favored in everything I do as long as it is based on the best ever written book by the most powerful author named God. I lost my youth bible two years ago and since then, I used the internet to read for the Words. It's convenient but there are times that connection isn't good so I have to buy a bible, where I can bring and read anywhere I go, with or without an internet connection. 

I was surprised when I was in the bookstore because I planned to get NIV, black in color, soft bound bible as a typical one looked like....But charannnn....Girly, fashionable, colorful ones came in my way! I was so excited and I had a hard time choosing what color should I get. From tangerines to purple, tell it, they have it! 

Isn't it nice?


I super love this!

I bought this purple/green shades combination because I really like it and it looks so chic! Actually, the cover isn't important, but it adds color for enjoyable reading to the Words.

While on the queue for payment, I also saw this one and got it for daily readings.



I am so excited to know more about Him. I guess this is worth buying for and I am so much sure I made the best purchase this year! Happy reading! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment